A member of the MTD Group, MTD ACPI Engineering Berhad (“MTD ACPI” or “the Group”) is one of Malaysia’s foremost infrastructure companies involved in privatised infrastructure development, construction and engineering, property development and manufacturing activities. MTD ACPI is listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad since 3 January 1995.
Civil Engineering & Construction
The Group’s Civil Engineering & Construction arm has extensive experience in the development of mountain roads, highways, and bridges, building geotechnical works, erosion control and highway maintenance.
The Group had successfully completed the construction of the following projects:
- Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway
- East Coast Expressway (Phases 1 and 2)
- Fourth Lane Widening project for the Sg. Buloh to Rawang stretch of the North South Expressway; and
- Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) System Package V7 of Sg. Buloh-Kajang Line
Meanwhile, the KVMRT Package V208 Sg. Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya Line is currently undergoing construction.
The Group also recently secured a contract for the construction and completion of earthworks and infrastructure works for the Chuping Valley Industrial Area Phase 1 in Chuping, Perlis, worth a total of RM184.2 million. The contract is for two years from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2022.
Its overseas accomplishments include the construction of the 36-km South Luzon Expressway in the Philippines; and the improvements to the six-storey Jamarat Bridge and its surrounding areas in Mina, Saudi Arabia.
The Group’s Manufacturing arm has the capability to produce a full range of precast concrete products for infrastructure such as bridge crossings, segmental box girders, tunnel segments across the ASEAN region and buildings including Industrialised Building System (IBS).
The Group’s accomplishments amongst others included:
- Malaysia-Singapore Second Crossing
- Kuala Lumpur SMART Tunnel
- Penang 2nd Bridge Crossing
- Kuantan-Kerteh Railway Project (Package 1)
- Sprint Highway – Kerinchi & Duta interchanges and One Utama Extension Phase II.
On- going projects include:
- Sungai Besi-Ulu Kelang Elevated Expressway
- Damansara-Shah Alam Expressway
- Petronas Marine Jetty, Pengerang.
Among the IBS precast products supplied by the Group included:
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin Hospital (UniSZA) in Kuala Terengganu
- Multi-storey car park project for UKM Medical Center Cheras in Kuala Lumpur
- Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) 2 Station for Mass Rapid Transit Corporation Sdn Bhd
- i-City Shopping Mall in Shah Alam, Selangor
In Singapore, the group supplied IBS products for the Sengkang and River Front Residential Apartment. It also provided precast tunnel segments for Singapore’s MRT and Deep Tunnel Sewerage systems and precast sleepers to the Singapore MRT Circle Line. It is currently supplying the precast walkway components and level crossings to the MRT Thompson Line.
Beyond the ASEAN Region, the Group had supplied tunnel linings to the Dubai Metro Rail Project and Abu Dhabi Sewerage Tunnel System Project (STEP T-01) and pre-cast segmental box girder for the Delhi Metro Rail Project.